- Miss Mustard Seed's Milk Paint
- New Formula Miss Mustard Seed Milk Paint
- Farmhouse White
Farmhouse White is a bit warmer than Ironstone. Our fresh off-white reminds us of crisp cotton sheets drying in the breeze and a whitewashed picket fence lining a country dirt road.
100% Natural | Eco Friendly | Organic | Non-Toxic | No VOCs
Milk Paint is a powdered paint that has been around for thousands of years. It was found in the pyramids in Egypt and has been used in America for years on furniture, walls, barns, etc. It is a versatile paint that can achieve various looks, from chippy and distressed to smooth and sleek. Our new MilkPaint™ formula is made from four 100% natural ingredients that you can pronounce - casein (milk protein), lime (calcium hydroxide), natural pigments, and plant-based filler.
How to Prep for MilkPaint™
Raw Wood - No prep is required.
Pre-Finished Surfaces - Scuff up the surface with medium-grit sandpaper (100-150) before painting. Remove the dust with a vacuum or cloth.
Glass and Metal - Clean the surfaces with either a glass cleaner or a slightly dampened rag. Obviously, you can’t sand these surfaces, so mix up your Milk Paint and add Bonding Agent.
How to Mix MMS MilkPaint™
1. Mix approximately 1 part water to 1 part MilkPaint™ powder with a blender (strictly used for paint) by shaking in a lidded container, hand mixing with a whisk, stir stick, or motorized paint mixer.
2. Add warm water (not hot) to the container first, then add milk paint powder slowly and mix for 3-5 minutes.
3. Paint a test swatch to ensure desired consistency has been achieved. If the paint is translucent or runny, it is too thin. If the brush drags and the color appears gritty or chunky, it is too thick. Add more water or powder accordingly, and mix again.
4. Stir paint occasionally while painting, as pigments may settle at the bottom of the container.