MilkWax™ - Antiquing
Low Odor | Low VOCs
This fine museum-quality wax is made with beeswax and a little carnauba wax, then lightly tinted to a rich brown. Antiquing Wax is perfect for creating an authentically aged finish on a piece of painted furniture. It is easy to apply, provides a durable finish with a beautiful luster, and has almost no odor.
How to Use MMS MilkWax™ Antiquing
Use a clean cotton cloth or wax brush to apply wax in a thin layer, working into recesses of carved details or surface imperfections. Wipe away excess.
Allow it to dry for 3-5 minutes. Buff to a shine with a clean lint-free cotton cloth. This product may be applied directly over dry milk paint, directly on raw wood, or over any of our other wax finishes. Additional coats will increase durability and sheen. Clean brush with soap and warm water or Mineral Spirits.
- Colored waxes can be applied over Clear for a more subtle look.
- Wax will melt in the heat, even once applied on a piece. Not intended for outdoor use.
- To avoid issues, apply only a small layer of wax and massage it into the surface like lotion.
- Should not be applied to surfaces that come into contact with food. Not food safe.
- Wax is intended to be the final coat of a project